Pricing chicken feed, dear readers, is the 10th circle of hell.
So instead of delivering a wise and well-written post about chicken feed I thought I'd focus on things I like. You know. Anything other than chicken food. Fun stuff. Like presents.
I love my kids. They truly are the best presents a girl could get. But sometimes, being a mom of small kids means I get the shaft in the purchased gift department. Or the feeling special department. Or hell, just in the "thank you" department. And that's ok, you know? It will pass sooner than I want it to and then my kids will be grown and undoubtedly showering me with hundreds of gifts to compensate for the years upon years of sweat, blood, and tears I willingly donated to their childhoods. That's what happens, right? Your kids turn 18 and then WHAMMO, you get presents raining down upon your heads, right? RIGHT?
So I'm gonna start a list. You know. To prepare for the upcoming Shower of Gifts for Mom. Or maybe, in all seriousness, to just focus on the things that matter most during this (sometimes materialistic) holiday season.
1. Stock in hardware cloth because hell-ooo, early retirement!
2. One solid hour of my two daughters getting along
3. Rent-free homes for my mom (a cottage in the woods) and sister (a gypsy trailer)
4. American citizenship for Aya. Aya is an Iraqi refugee whose application for resettlement in America was rejected. She has a very real, very eye-opening story that you can read about on the Humans of New York Facebook page. If you'd like to voice your support for Aya, you can sign a petition for her on this Change.org page.
5. Pretty much anything written by Joel Salatin
6. To feel proud and in love with my body regardless of, as my husband's friends call it, my Estimated Growth Potential (aka, how much weight a woman gains as she ages/has children/etc.)
7. Snow! :)
8. One of those book exchange sign-up delivery services. You know. Where really attractive men deliver a books once per week so you always have a fresh book to read. Those types of services exist, right? Hmm? Yes?
9. A community owned grocery store in my area
10. My 2nd mama to be cancer free and healthy forever and ever, Amen
11. One entire day of just me, my PJs, snuggly kids, popcorn, Dots, cocoa, and movies
12. A book agent
13. Easter Egger chickens, complete with free feed for life
14. The ability to calm down and not get so angry and frustrated
15. Anything, and I mean anything, from the Simple Life Mom store on Etsy
16. The power to convince others to rethink the way they think, particularly about things like food, racism, and global politics
17. I'd love for my entire head of hair to turn silver all at once. I am excited about "going grey"...I consider those silver strands my sprouting unicorn mane. I just wish it would kinda happen now, instead of little by little. I want full unicorn, baby!
18. To end my reliance on money and grid-delivered energy
19. 500 pounds of pure, organic, hand-expressed coconut oil
20. For each of my lovely readers to feel loved, supported, and happy. Cuz that's how you make me feel :)
What about you? What do you really want for Christmas? I'd love to
hear about it in the comments down below and as always, thank you so, so much for reading!!